Dear Rosie,
today I had a look at the audios of chapter 1:
Please be so kind and also correct the file names (numbers) for these lessons:

13 That is too expensive
14 Where are you going
17 Can you speak Chinese
18 What is the Time

2 Likes

I am @Rosie-Cao to this too, so she gets notified. Thanks a lot Sonja.

@Rosie-Cao :raising_hand_woman: :cn:
HSK1 lesson 36
I have written my corrections for this lesson above:
Today I did this lesson with a teacher. She has found another mistake:

page 6: There is a 是 missing in the fourth line:
B: 中秋节什么节日?

3 Likes

Hello Sonja. We received with thanks. I’m correcting it now.
Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

Hi @Rosie-Cao ,
HSK2, the first lesson (51) “Chinese actors”: The audio has the wrong number.

(The pdf number is correct)
:raising_hand_woman:

The same with lesson 52 “House chores”. :wink: : wrong audio number (and correct to HSK 2 please)

edit: next one is the wrong audio number for lesson 68 “Student Life in China”

Maybe, @Rosie-Cao, please, have a quick look at your file of HSK2 audios and check.
I know that there have been changes of the order some time ago, additionally the reviews have no audio of course. Therefore it’s easy to have wrong numbers.

Well, instead of worrying about file numbers, I should really go back to my house chores listening to my LTL playlist, and really “do the things”. :see_no_evil: :upside_down_face: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Also in HSK1 lesson 36: in the Beijing version of the PDF, none of the text seems to be available to copy and paste. (I usually like to copy and paste vocabulary to make flashcards.) Maybe it has been put in as an image rather than text?

I got most of what I wanted though by using the Shanghai version.

2 Likes

That’s good idea to review all the audio file and I’m doing it now.
Thanks for your idea.

2 Likes

In HSK 2 Chapter 4 Class “Time for Lunch”

1. On page 2 怎么问路 is translated into English as “How to asking for road”, which doesn’t make sense. Shouldn’t it be something like “How to ask the way” or “How to ask for directions”?

2. On page 3 你知道下面的菜用汉语怎么说吗?should be translated into English as “Do you know how to say these dishes in Chinese?”

3. On page 5 用学过的单词看图说话 should, I think, be translated into “Make a sentence according to the pictures with the words we have learnt” (or “make a sentence using the pictures…”)

4. Same comment on page 7 as page 5.

5. On page 8, 走错 should, I think, be translated as “go the wrong way”.

6. Same comment on page 9 as page 5.

7. Same comment on page 12 as page 5.

8. Same comment on page 14 as page 5.

4 Likes

Lesson 186, page 18 (Fun Chinese)
HSK3+
This text contains quite a few minor typos. I have corrected commas, other punctuation marks, spaces, plural s, a missing verb, etc:

“愚公” means stupid old man. There were two huge mountains in front of his family’s house, that made it hard to travel. He and his family decided to move the mountains themselves. They started to dig the mountain away piece by piece, day by day, and dump it into the ocean. There was another old person who was called “智叟” which means “wise old man” who told him “This is impossible, why would you try such a thing?” “愚公” answered: “If I can’t finish the job, my son will, or his son after him. Generation after generation, it will never end until the mountain is gone”. The gods were moved by what he said, so they sent two powerful gods to help 愚公 move the mountains. Now, we use this word to express people who were not afraid of dangers and show great perseverance.

English is not my mother tongue, hm, the last sentence still doesn’t sound perfect to me. I would use describe instead of express.

1 Like

How about this for the last sentence instead @Sonja-Mandarin-HSK_3?

“Now we use this word to describe people who are not afraid of danger and show great perseverance.”

3 Likes

Hi Vicki.
Thanks so much for your comment.I have fixed them. please have a look.
If you see the mistakes anywhere else, feel free to tag me
HSK2 Lesson 88 Time for Lunch_Shanghai_2021 07 13.pdf (523.1 KB)

2 Likes

oh well. We will have it proofread. When it’s done i will attach here for you to have a look
very nice Sonja. Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

I edited the title and uploaded into the system. We’re glad to have you in the forum

2 Likes

@Rosie-Cao In HSK 2 Chapter 5: How to Get to the Pearl Tower

Slide 5 - The teacher said that the 那 in the example sentence should not be included.
Slide 7 - The translation of 南京东路 on the slide in English is South Nanjing Road, not East Nanjing Road, which is the correct translation (or the Chinese text should be changed to 南京南路)
Slide 11 - this isn’t an error, but I found it very hard to give directions without a reminder of the turn left / turn right vocabulary. The class is about directions, but the other examples are about using public transport.

3 Likes

@Rosie-Cao
HSK 2 lesson 59 Shanghai or Beijing?

和, the “he” is missing the 2nd tone everywhere.

Slide 4: Sorry, I don’t understand the translation. image
I think it should be:
“Compared to …” (sb. or sth.)

Slide 12: my suggestion

2 Likes

HSK 4 Class 246 我最好的朋友

正好 - “just in time” - I’m not sure this has a direct translation, it’s more like “perfect timing”? Might be good to add a note that it’s only a rough translation? We spent quite a lot of time discussing it to figure out its meaning, although that is sometimes necessary to fully understand when there isn’t a 1:1 translation :slight_smile: If anyone has a better translation of that let me know!

真正 - real would say “real, genuine”

即時 in time - I would change this “to in time (e.g. for a deadline)”

2 Likes

@Rosie-Cao
one more in HSK 2 lesson 59 Shanghai or Beijing?

Slide 13: The layout is rather confusing, answer D is on two lines, ( 不一样), also sentence number 4 could find a better place. You will see quickly how to improve this slide. Thanks.

2 Likes

Lesson 250 (but also perhaps the original lesson it came from?)
The 目 偏旁 slide says that 睛 is the purple in the eye - after some confusion, figured out it is meant to say “pupil” :smile_cat:

1 Like

:rofl: Yes, the eye pupil, or the whole eyeball.
The second character of 眼睛, yan3jing1, eye.
A good hint is that this jing1 consists of 目 mù, eye, and this colour 青,qing1, that can be blue, green or black.

3 Likes

HSK 3 Lesson 148 ‘Let’s go for a morning run’ errors. I think there are a couple of errors in this lesson as it stands Sept 1, 2021. Slide 8 The dialog got mislabeled. It seems to me (and my teacher) that it should have been A,B,A,B,A,B, The Slide 14 options at the top of the page show 过去 as option but that doesn’t really fit anywhere. 过来 works in line 1. Of course I am a student and not really qualified to tell you how to write your lessons. Slide 12 was difficult as when you are deciding on whether to use 去 or 来 is dependent on who is speaking and that is not always obvious for the student. Maybe this slide needs more clues so the students can figure it out.

3 Likes