Which other Flexi Languages you want?

Japanese is fun. I’m enjoying learning it at the moment. Recommend it (even more so if you have a background in Mandarin)

3 Likes

I would definitely take Taiwanese!

2 Likes

That’s great and welcome to the Forum. I agree that Taiwanese/Hokkien/Minnanyu is super important. We have the first two Taiwanese levels already. Change your language in “book a class” when looking for classes and you can find them there.

As an update, we just added Russian to the Flexi Class family @Zakiyah-Mandarin-HSK_2
As a little sneak peak, Italian is on the way @Sonja-Mandarin-HSK_3

1 Like

That’s great news Andreas :smiley: Unfortunately 6-8pm and 12-2pm are not doable times for me though.

1 Like

We have online group classes for those two languages 24/7 so whatever time fits you there will be classes. We just recently finished putting all classes online, could you have a look again?

Russian would be good as i studied to B1 level but not practiced for a while.

1 Like

It’s live now Maurice, beginner levels anyway. Maybe a good chance to revise old content?

I’ve taken 3 lessons so far, good fun if not head scratching!

1 Like

Vietnamese Hue/central accent would be AMAZING. If you’re looking to carve out a niche (which I love, that’s why I’m here!) I would definitely be interested in miền trung :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh exciting thought. We focus on Southern Vietnamese at the moment which is a bit of a niche already of course over the Northern Vietnamese but Central of course would be a very interesting next step. Three different Vietnamese Flexi Classes, North, Central and Southern.

If we get enough people asking for it, let’s do it!

We already have four Chinese languages (Mandarin, Cantonese, Shanghainese and Taiwanese) - why not three Vietnamese?

I live in Saigon so I am a bit biased towards Southern Vietnamese of I have to admit though :smiley:

2 Likes

yes, I was desperate for Southern accent classes, very happy to see them being offered on LTL! But also agree, there are probably only a few people outside of Hue/the central region who want to learn mien trung. Probably only those with family ties like mine.

1 Like

Interesting idea Crystal. Even me, Vietnamese, also have to learn the Central dialect. It would be a lovely journey learning it along with the culture experience.

Oh thanks. We have Hokkien beginner intermediate Taiwan and Cantonese and would love to build higher levels but need some students in the lower levels.
Definitely noted your vote for higher levels for both languages. We can build it, just need a bit of a student community for it.

French and Malay are also both interesting.

Hi Andreas, if you offered German I would sign up for a life-time membership! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Actually, I’m also interested in German!

3 Likes

Oh wow, that’s an offer. We might just take you up on that. What’s your level? :smiley:
Also with the extra vote from @Ben-Mandarin-HSK_5

2 Likes

Intermediate to Advanced Cantonese! (Right now Beginner A1+ is the highest level, and its not high enough)

4 Likes

I think there would also be interest in Hokkien, Taishanese or Hakka, given the overseas diaspora community

3 Likes

Took my first Italian class - enjoyed it a lot. Would recommend to anyone intrigued.

I’ve been speaking it for a while but never really studied so the grammar and I must admit - I learnt more than I expected.

2 Likes

After last busy weekend I had planned to start with lessons again this week, Mandarin and Italian, but now I have Covid and need to rest. But I already notice that I sometimes think about could I say that also in Italian…
Last Saturday I bathed in French. Across the border very near from my home they speak French and German, plus the local French and the local German. And they mix these 4 languages all the time in the middle of the sentence, and also depending on who walks by and listens. It is so funny and overwhelming. The Alsacians are aware of their special language thing, and if we Germans come over a lot of them try to better their German and ask for words or grammar, or help you when you try to say things in French, even if they understand German perfectly. It is different in the rest of France, they tend to not understand anything, haha.

3 Likes