No Teacher In My Class?

what should we do if we’re alone in zoom and the teacher is not there yet? I think someone already created such a topic on the forum before but I can’t find it! I am waiting in case the teacher has an emergency, but am lowkey worried they might be waiting for me on another zoom call if there was a mishap with zoom links … :grimacing: I texted support, anything else I can do?

2 Likes

Thanks so much for asking - it was in the middle of the night in Beijing, so I am only answering now as I just got up.
I am very sorry about this, this is a very rare occurrence, but with the thousands of classes we teach every month, sometimes it can happen that a teacher has a last minute emergency and cannot make the class or contact us in time.
In some instances it could also be a technical, issue.
If there is no teacher then please

• First leave the Zoom meeting, refresh your “My Classes page” (so you get the most updated link) and enter again.

• Second, make a post here or email support with a screenshot of the class page and the empty zoom meeting (full screen please so we can see browser time etc as that’s important for the tech team)

• Wait 10 minutes, then try leaving refreshing the page and entering again.

• If still no teacher, probably a short term emergency happened and your teacher could not make it and didn’t manage to contact us yet either. Just leave the class and wait for our message to you, we will follow up.

For this class could you let me know which class and teacher it was? We will follow up straight away and find out what happened.

Very sorry about this. It must have been very frustrating to wait for the class to start and it then not happening. We will work hard to make sure this will not happen again.

2 Likes

I just moved this into a new topic, so others can find this more easily too.
I talked with your teacher and it was no technical issue or emergency. She simply got the time wrong and thought the class was tomorrow. No excuses to be made for this, something like this really shouldn’t happen. I want to say though that she has been teaching with us for quite a while and this is the first time this has happened.

I just removed the class from your schedule and gave you two credits in the system.

I will bring this up in the next teacher training again as well. We will work hard to make sure this will not happen again. We teach thousands of classes every month, but each and everyone matters. I am very sorry that you could not take your class as you had planned.

1 Like

Thank you so much! This really can happen to anyone so i totally understand!
Really, no need for extra credits!!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for being so understanding. The teacher (Sophia) also asked me to again apologize to you for all of this.

1 Like

Thank you for such great and quick Support! They really do their best to solve every issue, really appreciated!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks for the praise :blush:
Flexi Classes is the one good thing that came out of Covid and kept and keeps me going through this rather difficult time with no travel possible.
I really enjoy trying to make it a good experience for students. Kind words are much appreciated

1 Like

Hi, my class has started but system suddenly shows that there is still no teacher assigned. Scree shot attached

1 Like

Thanks so much for messaging. Its Saturday morning and I haven’t been to my PC yet and check exactly, but I saw a message from one teacher (Carol) that said she got quite sick last night and had to cancel her class.
I assume this was yours.
Please make sure you email [email protected] with a screenshot.
You will have a reply latest Monday morning (maybe tomorrow if Linh works on Sunday).
The class will be removed from your schedule and you will get two credits, one to book the class again and one as an extra.
It’s very rare that this happens, but it still does.

I am looking at a way to automize notifications to students in case a teacher has a short term emergency, nobody else can teach the class and it’s in the middle of the night in China so I might not see this in time to react either.

So sorry for all of this. We will work hard to improve

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 1.01.36 PM

This just happened to me as well. It’s the second or third time it happens to me (although I do take quite a lot of classes, so it’s really not that common). I don’t think I ever had a teacher assigned for this class as I check almost every day. Maybe there should be an automatic cancellation in place? Like if my class still doesn’t have a teacher assigned one hour before the scheduled class time, it should automatically cancel and shoot me an email to let me know as it’s annoying to have to plan for a class that you know very likely won’t happen since there is no teacher. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Yes, completely agree. Currently I do this manually and I was ill yesterday, so thist did not happen. I put this on the improvement list. If a class has no teacher assigned to it 3hrs before it takes place an automatic email will be sent to the student to let them know.
It is very rare, but it does still happen and we definitely need to make sure students know in advance. Thanks a lot for bringing this up.

3 Likes

I dont have a teacher in my class. Its been over 10 minutes now. This is the first time for me.

empty class 2

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum and thanks so much for posting here.
Everything was organised and all teachers ready to go when I went to bed yesterday. I am not sure if there was maybe some very last minute emergency. I will check and get back to you. I am very sorry about this!

2 Likes

Please let me know, thanks!

1 Like

Problem found. Your teacher Joey had the time wrong on his calendear. Human error - I am very sorry and this really should not happen, but in this case it did.
Joey asked me to very much apologize to you. I removed the class from your calendar and on Monday you will have two credits (one for this class and one as a bonus) in your account.
Very sorry again. I will bring this up in our teacher training today as well.

3 Likes

It’s all good. I understand mistakes happen. I’ve been taking a lot flexi-classes for the past month so I know this doesn’t happen often. Thanks for taking care of it!

2 Likes

Hiya! My teacher hasn’t arrived and it’s 12min past start time. Just posting here in case there is an issue with the link…?
(First time this has happened in 50+ lessons though, not a big problem)

Update: ended up being an internet problem, she arrived after 20ish min. We managed to finish the class on time as it was very short/not difficult, and I had another class after so had to leave

2 Likes

Its good that your teacher showed up in the end, however being late to a class is not ok and this should not happen. Can you let me know the class number so I can follow up on this?
Also, I just gave you a free credit in the system so you can book the class again. Very sorry again, even if it is only one time in 50 this is not acceptable. I will also emphasize in our teacher training again too.

Thanks for being such a great student with us.

Hi again - 10 mins in and no teacher yet, not sure if there is a problem?

2 Likes

Hi Chloe, very sorry we are seeing your message too late. I have informed Linh about the situation, please email her at [email protected] so we can follow up on this and try to understand what happened. She will be in touch very soon after your email. I am really sorry this happened to you today, this is definitely not ok and we will do our best so that it doesn’t happen again, no matter what the issue was.

2 Likes