Your favorite Chinese Food?

Whats everyone’s favorite Chinese food? For me its 麻辣香锅 and 担担面 (though I am very picky, there are some pretty poor versions of that dish around too unfortunately).
北京烤鸭 is good, but I cant eat it more often that once every couple of months. 小笼包 save Shanghai, because otherwise I dont like any other food from that city…way too sweet.
Best place to eat for me is definitely 长沙. The Hunanese make the best food there is in China.
Anyone else?
LTL Eight Cuisines China

My absolute favorite is 北京烤鸭, with close seconds 粽子 and 水饺. During my last business trip to China I probably ate 水饺 every day ( and I was there for 4 weeks!).

2 Likes

Ahh can’t resist a China food debate but most of the time I end up arguing with myself.

If I’ve just eaten something it becomes my favourite :rofl: :lexthelion_face_teeth_smile:

I genuinely can’t pick one anymore and I cannot wait to get back to China because I’ll be feating on these almost on rotation:

生煎包 / 小笼包
BIANGBIANG面
煎饺
煎饼
红烧肉
肉夹馍
串儿
锅包肉
胡椒饼
油条

Be right back… just off to China Town!

5 Likes

haha, I did the same on my first trip through China many years ago - and then couldnt eat jiaozi again for about three years. Big fan now again though.
I quite like this article about the Jiaozi vs Baozi discussion Baozi vs Jiaozi | What's The Truth? We Reveal All You Need To Know
I am a jiaozi guy

1 Like