Yomu Yomu - A new graded reader for Japanese

Hello language learners!

We’re very excited to introduce a new Japanese reading app, Yomu Yomu, available on iOS, Android, and web.

Yomu Yomu is a graded reader designed to streamline the process of learning Japanese through engaging articles written by Japanese teachers. Its features include a built-in pop-up dictionary, sentence-by-sentence translation, and a built-in flashcard system. Yomu Yomu allows you to read interesting content in Japanese without having to constantly check dictionaries for translations or furigana, at whichever level suits you.

We welcome you to try it out for free and see if it can help you in your language learning endeavors!

You can check out the web version, as well as links for mobile download at yomuyomu.app.

You can also read Flexi Classes’ review here for more information.

Happy reading!
The Yomu Yomu team

3 Likes

Hi Lily, welcome to our forum and thanks for introducing Yomu Yomu.

I’ve used it before and still have it on my phone. I must admit, I do really enjoy it, just as I always have with Du Chinese.

At the moment I have shelved my Japanese studies but will be using it when I start again.

Does anyone else use Yomu Yomu (or Du Chinese)?

2 Likes

Hi Max!

Thank you so much! I’m so glad to hear that you enjoy the app (: Personally, I use both Yomu Yomu and Du Chinese for my studies! I haven’t been actively learning new material, but I find the daily practice a really good way to maintain my proficiency. My Chinese is still way more advanced than my Japanese, but I’m hoping I can hit a new wave of motivation for my Japanese studies this summer!

2 Likes

Hello Lily,
I’ve installed the app and what I can say is that I stopped using Duolingo after that. What I love about the app is that it present different situations. Also, I don’t need to use google translate to understand new words, I just click on the word to read its translation in English which is a great feature, and this works with every word in any sentence within the app ! It’s an amazing app.

1 Like

Awesome, I’ve been looking for a Japanese reading app! I’ll check it out :heart_eyes:

Any plans to start a Korean version as well @Lily-Japanese-Japanese_Intro :eyes: