Taiwan Opening (a little bit)?

Good news: It looks like in just a few weeks Taiwan will finally ease travel restrictions:

YESSS!

Good news for LTL, but also good news for any student who is desperately hoping for some Mandarin (or Hokkien) practice.

2 Likes

Yes that is great news, thanks for posting it.
Things look very promising in Taiwan for an opening up at the moment.
There really is no reason to keep the borders closed anymore.
We just made a little video about our Taipei school with our Director of Studies Annie there

We have a lot of students who are waiting to go to Taiwan once it is possible.

www.ltl-singapore.com is for the moment still the only option to live with a Chinese homestay and study Mandarin in Asia though.

Our Beijing and Shanghai schools are currently both locked down though :sob:

Can’t wait, starting to genuinely believe I’ll be there this year now.

Thanks for sharing Thomas :smiley:

1 Like

My plans are to be in Japan for holiday with my husband the first 3 weeks of October, then add a few weeks in Taiwan for language learning. Both hinge on the local pandemic authorities; let’s keep our fingers crossed. I don’t see the mainland opening this year, unfortunately.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing! Great great news, I’ll definitely come if possible in the second part of the year

Probably my dream way to spend a few weeks! Hoping to do the same as you @Thomas-Mandarin-HSK_3 !

Hope you manage to make your travel plans soon.

They just announced family members of people with Covid dont need to quarantine anymore. All moving forward in the same direction as the rest of the world, just a little bit slower.
We should be there soon hopefully. Taiwan should open to the world quite soon again.

1 Like

Ohh exciting! :star_struck:

I’m currently living in Taipei and there does seem to be more and more relaxation of the rules, the Ministry of Education informed our university to keep classes in person where possible, we don’t need to scan QR codes going into shops anymore and the plastic screens in coffee shops (separating customers) seem to have been taken down over the past couple days. These are all small things but in the bigger picture definitely point to Taiwan beginning to live with covid and open up.

Hope to see you guys this side of the border sometime soon! :grinning:

3 Likes

I see that as good news! Thank you for sharing, I can’t wait for the day we’ll all be able to come :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh great to hear. It sounds very similar to Europe a few months ago. It really should open quite soon. Can’t wait to go. We need to have a Flexi Taipei meet up!

3 Likes

Rumors have it that the quarantine might be reduced to 3 days now which currently is 7 days. The pace of Taiwan opening up looks very promising now, although the local cases are on the rise it is good to see that more normal form of life is kicking back in!

3 Likes

Fingers crossed, I’m hoping for 3 days in June!

2 Likes

Fingers crossed! Things are moving in the right direction

1 Like

Ohhh…that is very exciting. Cant wait!

FYI - from today onwards Taiwan now has only 3 days quarantine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Uhhh… exciting. It’s like a count down to 0 :blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

Browsing Skyscanner with genuine intent! At long last

2 Likes

They are opening Taiwanese borders for Working Holiday Visas from next week!

So if you are between 18 and 30 years old and want to study at LTL Taipei, let us know asap.
Those visas have a yearly quota and will run out very fast I think, so if you want to go to LTL Taiwan, get in contact asap www.ltl-taiwan.com

3 Likes

And now Visa free entry for almost all countries and no more quarantine in October for Taiwan
Very amazing

Anyone who wants to do a homestay in Taipei and study Mandarin face to face there, book your tickets now - its going to be sold out soon.

2 Likes

And now confirmed visa free travel to Taiwan for all countries that had it pre-Covid (except Russia)

https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-149-4486-7785a-2.html

Finally possible to study in a fully Mandarin speaking country face to face again. Check out our group classes in Taiwan. Singapore is great, but Taiwan is more affordable and much more traditionally Chinese.

3 Likes