Should we Get rid of recommended classes?

Mine are all for June 2023.
It’s about a year now, that all recommendations are for 2023. :wink:
For those who start to learn a language or those who are new to LTL the recommendations might make sense.
For me they are senseless.
I usually only have certain time gaps on certain days.
I don’t care about the order of lessons and chapters. I like to choose from HSK2, 3 or 3+, any chapter,
I have a second language, any chapter of Italian, or I would also like to try out the other languages for pronouncing and reading the writing.

1 Like

lol mine are the same in 2024!

1 Like

I never ever look at this, just immediately scroll down, get rid of it

2 Likes

I usually just grab a recommended class if it fits my schedule. I think it’s quick and easy.

1 Like

We’re glad to hear that you find it quick and easy. If you have any other suggestions to improve the system, feel free to post them on our forum. :hugs:

Just bumping this. Do we have any plans to change this section?

I spoke to another new student yesterday who interestingly mistook these classes for her own classes as they are listed on the MY CLASSES tab.

I think we could better utilise this space, or just remove completely.

What do we all think?

2 Likes

hi, maybe Off Topic:
I’d like to see future classes and select:

• several levels (A1, A1+, A2 beginner)
  • filter time 8am-9pm CEST (my local time)
  • optional: filter teacher
  • DO display “already started” courses but
  • do NOT display past classes

Welcome to the forum, @Matthias_VN_A1_beginner
Students can only view 1 level at a time because if you filter several levels to view at once, the schedule of all levels will be mixed, causing difficulty in booking classes at the right level.

Since we offer a very flexible schedule for students to book, students do not have the option of choosing the teacher. Therefore, there might be different teachers for each class. This will also benefit students by allowing them to learn the accent and teaching style of different teachers.

If want to filter the time, on the “book a class” page, you can adjust the timeline on the right hand side.

If you want to keep track of your learning progress or view the topic at each level, please check “my level” page : LTL Flexi Classes

Can you explain a bit more about bullet points 4 and 5? Which page are you talking about?

1 Like

Thanks for hinting the time filter!

Ill try to rephrase that:

“DO display “already started” courses but”

when filtering out “course already started”, i might miss a course that only progressed 20% but offers classes that fit my level.
So I want to include those.

“do NOT display past classes”

In the other hand, a 90% progressed course may offer 1-2 usefull classes,
but the search results are blown up with past classes, making it hard to find a time

filter memory:

Also, when checking the page later, the time filter will be reset, so i have to start filtering CEST time again. It could remember the settings for 1 week or so.
The standard filter may be set in the personal profile?

search results:

So once the filter is set, I want to plan the next week,
but now i have to unfold every single day to check relevant classes.
This makes it hard to match with my calendar.

When following a teacher, I’d like to have the same filter options.

About the level selection: I would like to select 2 levels:

Since some lessons are not in my time zone and my time (and focus) may not allow taking all relevant lessons in the prefered order:

• there will be lessons i’ll have to catch up later
  • i will take a slightly more difficult lesson if it fits my time zone and schedule (i.e. if i have good experience with the teacher)

PS: that Off-Topic-escalated quickly. I hope you find it helpful nethertheless
This is all high-level-complaining, it is a good and convinient system! :slight_smile:

Hello Matthias,

thanks for all the great thoughts. A few questions

1. What do you mean with "“DO display “already started” courses but”. Is this on the “Book a Class” page (where we do not teach courses, but only individual classes that teach one topic each, or “Book a Course page” where we actually teach courses.
    Do you mean the not Yet studied or booked filter?

Uploading: image.png…

1. What do you mean “do NOT display past classes"? Where should past classes not be displayed? The only place where past classes are displayed is under “my classes”. Or do you mean do not display classes that teach topics that I already studied in the past? If yes, that filter already exists (Not Yet Studied or Booked Topics)

1. Memorize the filter: We thought about this, however it is a bit hard to implement in practice, as this can be quite confusing to new users who might have chosen some rather strange filters at the beginning and then later struggle to change it back (or worse, just think there are no classes available).

2. Search Results: There is no other option then having to open every single day you want to check. Otherwise you would have a HUGE list of upcoming classes that would take forever to scroll through. Or at least I cannot imagine a better solution?

3. Thanks for the idea with teachers, we might consider this

4. Being able to select two levels at once might be an interesting idea. We will look into this.

Hi Andreas,

you are right, this only applies when booking full courses

when booking a course one can book

• the course from its starting point to its end
    (you may prefer that, but for my timezone i’d like to learn 2-4 lessons a week plus 1-2 weekend days, depending on my time and stress level)
  • an ongoing course (feels more flexible for me)
  • future course (but what to do until then?)

When booking an already started course, i’d like not to display the past lessons:

Hi there,
after learning for some months, i’d like to give an update about my UX:
Most comments relate to the classes (time and frequency) not being optimal for CET zone and me (so they may not apply for others)

• the time filter is still a hassle
  • I book from the “my level” page more often, to avoid jumping too far ahead
  • sometimes I book 2-3 classes a day and have to cancel 1-2 (sometimes I then cancel the wrong class)
  • billing page jumps between terminology “credit” and “hours”, and shows wrong value for the active subscription (hours instead of credits or vice versa) so I cannot compare subscriptions and the credit-packages.

Hope that helps, did 5-7 lessons a week, almost finished A1 and feel prepared for the next VN trip :slight_smile:

1 Like

5-7 lessons per week is quite intensive, and it is very nice to know that you can now be more confident in VN
Thank you so much for the feedback. Can you take a screenshot of 1 example to show the “credits” and “hours” confusion?