Problem logging into forum

Hi Admin,

I’ve found a log in bug. Description as follows:

I keep my LTL Flexiclasses webpage open all the time, showing how long until my next class. To log into the Flexi Forum (since I do always log out of the Flexi Forum), I click on the “Forum” menubar link at top right on my LTL Flexiclasses page. After typing in the username and password correctly, a page appears with the heading “Admin log in” showing the following error:

But I am actually logged in correctly. To show the Flexi Forum, I have to close this error page, and return to the previous Flexiclasses page and reclick the forum icon.

I get the same issue with all my browsers:
Google Chrome Version 101.0.4951.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Microsoft Edge Version 101.0.1210.47 (Official build) (64-bit)
Brave Version 1.38.119 Chromium: 101.0.4951.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)
(All up to date)

Kelly

2 Likes

I have had the same issue for a couple of weeks. When I want to log in, it always says that my user name and password is incorrect but when I close the tab and click on the forum link again, I’m logged in.

2 Likes

Me too, same problem!

2 Likes

I think the system is sending us to the wrong login page, specifically for admins instead of for regular users.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. I have forwarded the issue to our Support Team on [email protected] , they will start working on fixing it.

Thank you for bringing it up on this Forum, it’s useful for us to know this is not an isolated issue, other students are also experiencing it.

I will post on this thread when I have an update on the issue.

Marine

1 Like

Thanks so much for reporting this and the super detailed description @Kelly-Mandarin-HSK_3 and the confirmation @Stefanie-Mandarin-HSK_3 and @Brett-Vietnamese-VN
You are right, the login above is not for forum users, so you cant log in. I am not sure if you still have the url that was displayed? If yes, that would be very helpful.
We want to fix it, but I am struggling to recreate the problem for me. When I click on “Forum” from my Flexi Classes account I always get to the Flexi Forum. So it works for me and I cant find the error (there clearly is one for some users - I just dont know when and why).
In case anyone has the problem at the moment, could you make a short www.loom.com video recording how the problem occurs and (also what do you do before it happens inside Flexi, as maybe thats something that causes it) what you can do to solve it.
Otherwise screenshots are also super useful (full screen, including the url of the page).
Very sorry about this and we will get on fixing it, just need to find out when exactly the issue happens and what causes it.

If I log out of the forum, my browser goes to this page:
https://study.flexiclasses.com/students/sign_in

Then I submit my username and password, and it goes to this page with error as shown above:
https://study.flexiclasses.com/admin_users/sign_in

But if I then go to https://forum.flexiclasses.com/, I (usually) find that I’m logged in after all.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this very clear description of the issue. I tried it out and exactly the same happens to me. So now as we can replicate the issue we should be able to fix it asap.
Thanks a lot for your support and letting us know @Kelly-Mandarin-HSK_3 @Stefanie-Mandarin-HSK_3 @Brett-Vietnamese-VN

1 Like

Just to say that the same issue is still occurring.

Kelly

1 Like

THANK YOU! Problem appears to be fixed! Great work guys!

1 Like

I don’t think it’s fixed. It happened again today, same as I described on May 24.

1 Like

Same for me and it seems to happen when I am on my phone mostly. It happened to me yesterday too

1 Like