Most difficult Chinese grammar point?

What grammar are you struggling with at the moment?

I don’t know why but I always had real trouble with the 把 and 被 sentence structures :woozy_face: maybe because it doesn’t really apply in my native language so new concepts are hard to understand!

How about you?

2 Likes

It’s rather foolish and at my level a bit embarrassing, but I keep confusing 的 地 得

Auto Correct gets me the right one most of the time when typing so I get lazy and I dont need it when speaking - but I actually do not remember the rules for when to use which one :crazy_face:

1 Like

Mine is 就. I find it difficult to use it properly.

3 Likes

被 gets me as well. I get it but never use it spoken. I found what worked with 把 for me was using the same 2/3 memorized sentences with native speakers (我把护照放在桌子上) and then when I passed that test… I could understand the function better and then started placing nouns and subjects.

Should probably do the same for 被

3 Likes

That might be a good one for our Chinese grammar bank?
We need some kind of search function in there though so people can find the grammar topics they are looking for?

如此 is one that i still don’t really understand. Even 原來如此 I am a bit confused on

还有

1 Like

@Ayshwaria-Mandarin-HSK_2 “就"就是很难学!

@Chloe-Mandarin-HSK_5 I keep just not using that.

@Feng2.Zhe2-HSK_4_plus very true…了 is the hardest part

@Max 你没被骂了就可以。

Oh so much fun for our grammar bank.

1 Like

I feel like there’s a hundred uses for 就 that I can never remember lol

2 Likes

What helped get 把字句 down was how John Pasden(chinesepod) explained it as thinking of the 把 as sorta like “take”

I take this photo and put it on the table

请把锅洗干净。
Please take the wok and wash it clean.

请她把皮包送到柜台来。
Please ask her to take the purse and bring it to the counter.

他把聚会的事情告诉了他们。
He took the get together’s incident and told them.

Of course the translations are not good English, but if I think of it that way, I have no trouble with 把字句

4 Likes

Separable verbs :joy: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes