LTL Spotify UPDATED ✅

Yes we are also on Spotify!

Previously only playlists for Mandarin Chinese were available but we now have them for Japanese, Korean and Vietnamese as well :confetti_ball:

Listen to some J-Rock, and find out about V-Rap. Perhaps you are more of a C-Pop person?

We have our marketing intern @Lindsay-Mandarin_Simplified_HS to thank for this great work, as she spent quite some time creating those playlists and selecting the best songs for language learners.

:pushpin: What’s your favourite song in your target language?

Mine is 一個人 by Jackson Wang, only because that’s the very first Chinese song I listened to and understood everything at once!

6 Likes

Chillies for Vietnamese for me

And very cool how you got that tick mark into the topic title :cat: I have to try that too!

Thanks, @Marine @Lindsay-Mandarin_Simplified_HS! Can’t wait to check these out.

1 Like

I can’t wait to listen to these playlists! :grin: My favorite song is I Love You 3000 the Chinese Version sing by Jakson Wang, I think this is the first song in chinese that i listened to. Also, Jakson Wnag is my favorite singer, I know him from a korean boys band named GOT7 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

甜蜜蜜 by Teresa Teng will always be my favourite Chinese song simply because of the memories it triggers from my first ever year in China back in 2014.

A group of foreign teachers in 沈阳 getting together at the end of the week, sharing stories from school and all in (some form of) harmony singing this after a night of street 串儿 and Tsingtao.

It was thanks to evenings like this that I first really started to gain my passion for language, which before, was non-existent sadly.

3 Likes

Jackson is actually my all time favourite since GOT7’s debut in 2014, his Chinese songs are really easy to understand! I even find that on TV shows he doesn’t speak as fast as the other hosts or guests, so it is easier to understand. Apparently he’s in Seoul with Mark at the moment, maybe a comeback’s in the works :eyes:

1 Like

oohhhh exciting! I see you have some of my most recent favourites on the C-Pop, but loads I don’t know too, can’t wait to start listening! I find it so hard to find new songs other than Shazam-ing in taxis :smiley:

My faves from your list that I know:

• 天黑請閉眼
  • 炙愛 (my Chinese ability is enough to sing this, alas my voice is not… :smiley: )
  • 你的答案
  • 中國痛

Can I suggest for C-Pop my latest favourite:

• 終於還是因為愛 (by 垃圾, strangest name in C-pop?)
  • 在沒有你以後 (R-chord, Z-chen)

and some older ones

• 透明 G.E.M.
  • 倒數 G.E.M.
2 Likes

Thank you very much for the suggestions :slight_smile: I’ve added them to the playlists!

1 Like