Korean intro, A1 level - Audio

Hello,
We are on the way to doing the audio files for Korean classes. Few first lessons have the audio now. You guys can give them a try and Let us know if the audio is good

3 Likes

That’s super exciting. Thanks Rosie

1 Like

I listened to the first lesson. Sounds good to me. :slight_smile:
What about the names of the letters. Does one have to remember those?
Or is it something like knowing the names of the strokes in Mandarin?

2 Likes

Hello SOnja
You don’t have to remember the name of consonants or vowels. We’d better remember how it’s pronounce to make the syllables.
You’re right. it’s something like knowing the names of the strokes in Mandarin

3 Likes

The audio of Intro and A1 level are available now. Let’s check it out

2 Likes

Hi! This may be a silly question but I am super super new. Is there a way to follow the audio file? Very confused and it looks like no one is on this site for korean really.
Thank you

1 Like

Hi Lisa, welcome to the forum. Thank you for bumping this up. I’m not quite understand what you mean with “follow the audio file”. Can you explain it a bit clearer?

1 Like

Hi Lisa,
choose a lesson and confirm it. Then wait some time and you will see on the “My classes” page when a teacher accepted your lesson.
And maybe some other student will join you.
Then wait until your lesson starts and simply click on the button “join class”. This button appears 5 minutes before the lesson. (Before the button says “prepare class” , which you also could click to get some tipps if you are new to online classes)

If you like to prepare the lesson you can download the lesson text and also download the audio for this lesson.
The audio is no podcast that you can follow. All lessons work as individual units.
If this doesn’t answer your questions, try again to ask us. :wink:

2 Likes

When the audio starts for me it immediately goes into various words and/or phrases that I suppose being a super beginner I do not understand. I wondered if there was a written section that the audio follows so I can visually see whats being said. Does that explain it a bit better?

1 Like

Oh, don‘t worry. The first lessons are only about the letters and how to pronounce them and learn to read them. There are words as examples. As far as I remember the audio also tells you the names of the letters which you really do not need to know or remember. You do not need to understand everything in these first audios. You can also speak English in the beginner lessons of course.
Most likely you will be the only student. So the teacher will follow your learning tempo and your individual needs. Don’t be shy, there is nothing to loose. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Which level are you in at the moment? As a complete beginner you should start with the “Intro” level. Anything else will be too difficult.
Also the audio file is meant to help you revise the lesson after you studied it.
What I would suggest to do:

1. Book a class in the Intro level
  2. Study that class
  3. After the class listen to the audio file and read the annotated pdf (your teacher will upload the teaching pdf with notes that were added during your class to answer your questions or other things that might have come up during class) for review.
  4. Book classes for the other topics in the intro level (there are 10 in total).
  5. When you finished the Intro level, start taking classes for A1 Chapter 1 (do not have to be in order).
  6. Once you took some A1 Chapter 1 classes, start also taking some Chapter 2 classes when it’s time wise convenient for you (no need to finish all A1 Chapter 1 classes first).
  7. Continue like this. The higher you get the less you have to worry about staying in the same chapter, just book classes that are time wise convenient for you.

Thank you for the advice. Yes I have all the intro information and booked a class a few days ago. We will see what happens :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Lisa, I saw you just finished your first class. How was it and the audio files for you? You can also reach me at [email protected]. My pleasure to help

The audio file was not good. My teacher didn’t quite get it either I don’t think so he went over it . Not sure what the problem is.