HSK Content on LTL FLEXI Classes - Question

HSK Content on LTL Flexi Classes.

I’ve been self studying Mandarin for about a year or so now. I have a HSK 1 book and downloaded a video course that goes over that book. I came to Flexi classes since I’ve been using a tutor and I felt that a more structured class would help me just get further along with my studies.

I’ve booked a class a few days from now and I’m very excited to get started and I’ll review all this material before starting the class. I selected my level as HSK 1 fully knowing that I am pretty much done with the course I’m at chapter 15 of the book which is the last chapter and I’m about to book the test for early next month.
Now that takes me to these classes these classes for HSK 1 seem to lineup when it comes to the first 2 chapters but chapters 3 and 4 seem to not be on the HSK or they’re not covered in the HSK textbook.

So this is my long winded way of asking does LTL cover more material then that is on the HSK or am I completely missing something? I have to say I’ve been testing the chapters of the HSK with my tutor as well so I don’t see how I could be missing content unless this is part of the new HSK test?

All that said I was going to start classes on the HSK 2 part of the website even though I feel that it might be partially above my level.

As far as I know the LTL classes aren’t strictly designed around HSK levels, they’re just guidelines of sorts. I’ve learned a bunch of HSK 5-9 words, and some words that don’t even appear in HSK, in the HSK 4 course which is fine for me because I’m not studying for an exam and they’re very useful. I think you should be more than fine doing the HSK 2 course if you’ve already been studying for a year.

Just out of curiosity, are you taking the HSK 1 exam just to test yourself? Because apart from that it’s useless :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hello Sandra,

This for me is basically a hobby so yes it’s for myself. It gives me a challenge and something to work towards.
Also, it lets me know that I’m studying the right things. I need a lesson plan, it’s difficult for me without one.
Thank you for the information. It would be nice if the Flexi classes were separate from what is and isn’t on the HSK since the levels are shown that way.

I have my first trial class Tuesday, HSK2 Grocery Shopping.
I’ll be sure to study the materials beforehand.
Wish me luck, I’m not really sure what to expect.

1 Like

At Flexi Classes, our study materials are all about improving your spoken communication skills, focusing on speaking and listening. Our team has put these materials together, and they’re not tied to any specific HSK textbook. While we use HSK levels to gauge your current level, our materials aren’t meant for official test preparation.

We suggest a certain order and topics for each level, but you’re not bound to follow it exactly. You’re free to learn at your own pace. If you feel that the HSK1 material is a bit too easy for you, it’s absolutely fine to jump ahead to HSK2.

Thank you for the information. I was assuming this was the case.

1 Like

Download an HSK 1 vocabulary list just to be sure.
The exam itself is not that difficult. You don’t even need to be able to read characters.

1 Like