Full Courses page - Suggestions & Feedback?

We are in the process of re-designing our Full Courses page LTL Flexi Classes because I think currently they confuse students a bit.
Some people mentioned in this forum they didnt realize they could scroll down on the course list.

Any suggestions from people who looked at the Full Course page what you think could be done to

1. Make it easier to understand
  2. Make it more convenient to book
  3. Anything you didnt understand about the Full Courses (or maybe still dont)

All Feedback welcome, we will have a newly designed page up in about two weeks

I would not have a problem. I would like to do a full course. I am very happy with the Flexi system, but I can’t even plan for one day in advance at the moment. :pensive:

1 Like

I’m not sure about the entire user base here, but I would imagine having a choice of a structured offering (which is inline with “traditional schools”) would help. I would expect these classes could still be offered from the “flexi” view, but a user could choose to lock in a whole planned class, and maybe there is a large single view discount for this. Something like, “HSK2 on Tuesday/Thursdays at X time for $500 from Apr 1 - June 1” … just off the top of my head example.
What I think this will do for the flexi classes is have at least 1 or more already booked for those classes and that should suck in beginner users that want to take classes with a group setting, vs potentially being the only student in a “group” class. Adds a bit of comfort for that section of students.
(and I totally understand that essentially this is already offered here, BUT it isn’t offered in this type of view).

2 Likes

To my understanding, this is exactly what Full Courses is… They offer standard and intensive courses and the more classes you have, the more credits you need, hence the cheaper the price per credit is. I know a couple of students are doing this already but maybe there aren’t too many students yet thinking of actually booking full courses as this goes against the philosophy of flexiclasses per se.

1 Like

I’m the person who didn’t realize you could scroll! Making the scroll bar wider would make it more noticeable.

Probably more important is clicking on “Full Courses” shows entire courses that have already ended as well as courses that started two plus months ago. Maybe you could make an option to search for those that haven’t yet started?

I know how to navigate that now, but to someone who doesn’t know it’s confusing.

1 Like

I echo Sonja on wanting to do a full course. I probably will. I’m getting going more slowly than I hoped.

1 Like

It would be very helpful for all of the scheduling pages to show the lesson numbers instead of just the names. For example, change “This is my family” to “12: This is my family” so that we can easily see the intended order of the lessons. This would also clarify what topics are covered in “Review topic 11-14.” Thanks!

3 Likes

Probably more important is clicking on “Full Courses” shows entire courses that have already ended as well as courses that started two plus months ago. Maybe you could make an option to search for those that haven’t yet started?

Agreed, and in fact you could maybe go even further with this. i.e. by default, show only the courses that haven’t yet started. Then you could have an extra check box to let students see courses that are currently in progress, if they want.

What I think this will do for the flexi classes is have at least 1 or more already booked for those classes and that should suck in beginner users that want to take classes with a group setting, vs potentially being the only student in a “group” class. Adds a bit of comfort for that section of students.
(and I totally understand that essentially this is already offered here, BUT it isn’t offered in this type of view).

Very much agree. For me it’s not so much about getting a discount (though obviously I would not refuse!) But even in languages where I’m not a beginner, I prefer to do most of my learning in a group setting. The times in a group class where I’m not talking, but another student is, are actually very valuable - these are the points where my brain is able to reflect on and process what I’ve just learned, and I miss those in 1:1 classes. I found the Flexi Class teachers great, but most of my classes ended up being 1:1 and that didn’t work so well for me.

I’m sure Andreas and team also don’t want to be selling effectively 1:1 classes for group prices and would like to get more students recruited into group classes - like you say, if the Full Courses were marketed more as something that gives you a consistent group learning experience, that would help with that aim.

2 Likes

I noticed a small glitch: When I view the page for a lesson (such as this link) that I’ve already scheduled, my scheduled date doesn’t show up on the page at all. It’s confusing because there’s no indication that I’ve already signed up for the lesson.

1 Like

lol, so true, when it’s someone else’s turn to speak it’s like finally getting a breather to let your brain relax for a second… or it’s that spare moment to scramble to prepare for what is next. in the 1:1 it’s like doing a hard workout non stop for the entire hour. Both are great in my opinion, just each have their time and place.

2 Likes

That should not happen. Thanks for letting us know. Could you send me a screenshot? The link leads to the Flexi page which is different for each user.

Example: I have scheduled Daily Routine for Thursday, April 28 (Pacific time), but that date is completely missing from the page.

Two suggestions:
(1) Offer some courses on a schedule of one lesson per weekday, i.e. five lessons per week.
(2) For any course (schedule) that has NO students signed up yet, and willing teachers available, you could allow some flexibility for us to choose what course is being offered. (Same comment also applies to individual lessons!) Thanks.

1 Like