Flexi Review Topics - How are they? Good, bad? Anything to change?

So we have had the Review Topics in action now for a month and I wonder what everyone thinks about them?

1. Are the teaching pdfs good? We are re-using slides from previous classes. Does that work? Or should we create completely new ones?
  2. Is the content too much/too little for 60 minutes?
  3. How do they work for you organization wise? Do you always study all Topics taught in the review class before taking the review class or sometimes take a review class even without having studied all topics that are being reviewed?
  4. Any other feedback?

Would love to learn more. We want to review and improve the review classes next month and are looking for some feedback what we should change.

All thoughts most welcome!

1 Like

I am thinking about to use a review class. I’ve passed the official HSK1 test with no problem, but Chinese live, actually talking, with modern content lessons is something different. Much better. I really love the lesson contents and their structure.
I think I will learn the additional words alone and use HSK1 Review lessons to practise listening and build my own sentences. (Originally I was content learning to read and understand only).

2 Likes

Bringing this back because I’m fascinated with answers from other languages and levels as well.

Improvement knows no stop. Would love to know your experience even from other languages

• How often do you take Review classes?
  • Does your language level affect your review process? Which aspect do you focus more during reviewing with Flexi: speaking/listening, or recapping and be reminded of the 4 previous lessons? Or both? Or… neither?
  • How do you find the structure of the Review lesson on Flexi so far (in the specific language and level that you’re at)?
  • Any other feedback?

Would love to learn more. All thoughts most welcome!

Anyone studying Korean or Italian or Russian are more than welcome! We are having the new levels of those languages cooking soon. Would love to learn more for our team :wink:

I think most of the PDF lesson content is very interesting, useful and relevant in my opinion. The review classes, however, are just “ok”. I did all of them in HSK 4 / 4+ and it is good to review the grammar and vocab. To me personally, the weak point of the review classes is that they are just “cut and pasted” from the original classes, so you are just doing the same thing again. They would be much more interesting if they were made up of new material but using the same words and grammar from earlier units.

2 Likes

I agree, and that’s the reason I’ve skipped the review classes. To be honest, I really haven’t given them a chance.

Here’s an approach that might be worth try: Prior to the review session, students could complete a homework assignment including listening comprehension, reading comprehension, translation, and possibly writing a paragraph or more in the target language. The review session could focus on the homework.

Listening in Vietnamese is really difficult for me. I find it very difficult to recognize the words unless they’re written down. So for me personally, it’s very important to practice listening.

1 Like