Flexi Classes Student Online Meet Up 2nd Oct 2022 (Sunday)

We are having our next online Flexi Student Meet up on Sunday 2nd of October. A casual chat to share language learning experiences, advice, suggestions and get to know each other.

Requirements: Nothing
Cost: Free
For: Flexi Classes students, teachers and staff
Duration: 60 Minutes – but if we have fun we will stay longer

Sunday 2nd October 2022
Times
Tokyo/Seoul: 20:00
Singapore: 19:00
Paris/Berlin: 13:00
London: 12:00
New York: 07:00
Los Angeles: 04:00

Zoom Link: Launch Meeting - Zoom
Meeting ID: 963 5590 8501

Please RSVP below if you plan to come so we have a bit of an idea how many people we will be and can plan ahead.

2 Likes

4am for me so won’t be able to make it. Have fun! :slight_smile:

Hello :wave: I’m Grace, I’d like to join but since it’s my first meetup, just curious what will happen in the session? :grimacing:

4 Likes

Would love to join if the National Holiday plans in China don’t interrupt, and the family doesn’t mind me jumping on Zoom in the evening! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello,

This online meet-up will also be my first with other LTL students (other than in Flexiclasses). I’d love to come because this time it will be at a reasonable hour for me, at 2030 ACDT (Adelaide).

My end-of-year, three-hour, Chinese “take-home exam” is anytime between the Friday and Tuesday, but I’m planning to open the exam on Sunday at noon. This would be a good way to celebrate! I’m a little stressed because it’s worth 45% of my unit grade and the clever, time-saving lecturer created the online exam in such a way that there is only one right answer for every question, so he doesn’t have to mark any papers personally. Difficult when there are subtleties of grammar (which there will be apparently). Wish me luck with my revision over the next 12 days!
Kelly

5 Likes

I hope to attend and see and hear you!
Kind regards, Johannes

4 Likes

this will be my first event like this so not sure what to expect, but it’s a time/date I can make so why not join

3 Likes

No plans yet, so generally interested.
Language of conversation will be English, I hope? :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, that’s right. You can also talk in Mandarin to us, if you want :smile:

2 Likes

I hope it is okay… I told the students in my 中文 class about this meet-up, as a way to introduce them to Flexiclasses. They’re from the University of New England in NSW, Australia. Some live in Victoria and Queensland but most are in NSW. I don’t know whether any of them will take advantage of this information, because they might think 9pm on a Sunday night is a tad late…

I said they need to RSVP by registering on this forum. Hopefully it will bring some of my 同学们 onboard. I’ve enjoyed their company during online tutorials and hope to see them again next year.

Taking Flexiclasses would be a great way for them to keep practising and learning during the four-month summer break when most students usually choose not to take classes.

Kelly

2 Likes

Yes, absolutely and they are welcome to join. Thanks a lot for spreading the word. You can give them your referral code too and they get 5 free group classes to try Flexi Classes out (and you get 5 free group classes if they sign up)

1 Like

Thanks, Andreas. That’s very welcoming. I think many of them are quite shy about speaking Chinese because our lecturer is quite picky during tutorials when we attempt to speak. He doesn’t like us making any mistakes at all, whether grammar or pronunciation, so it can be a bit discouraging. Also, he uses scrawly handwriting for any Chinese that sometimes I can’t read. I do hope they try Flexiclasses out and get some confidence in talking.

I forgot the referral code altogether. That would definitely be an incentive. Full-time students in Australia who subsist on the government study allowance are under the poverty line, often eking out a living with casual work. It would definitely make a difference if they had some discount for extra lessons.

Best wishes,
Kelly

1 Like

Friendly reminder. The meeting is coming up this Sunday. Let’s note that in our calendar. See you guys then. Can’t wait for the meeting :star_struck:

3 Likes

好极了,我希望参加。我看,大学同学们没有想试试,倒霉!Oh well.

1 Like

I will try to come, Los Angeles time!

1 Like

Oh wow an early riser :slight_smile:
I will definitely be there. Looking forward to it.

We will just have a casual chat about learning languages online, Flexi Classes, practice speaking a bit etc.
Its fun and relaxed, no specific plan to follow.

@Jaap-Mandarin-HSK_4 Hope the national holidays wont interrupt your schedule and see you there
@Kelly-Mandarin-HSK_3 @Johannes-Mandarin_Simplified_H @Zoe-Mandarin_Simplified_HSK_4 @Stefanie-Mandarin-HSK_3 @Christina3 looking forward to see you there

1 Like

Planning to join in!

2 Likes

@Christina3 @Irene-Mandarin_Simplified_Intr @Zoe-Mandarin_Simplified_HSK_4 @Johannes-Mandarin_Simplified_H @Graceeee

是非常好见很多新人的!今天晚上的约会是我的第一次,我把LTL的同学们要很开心见。平时在课里跟老师一起我是一个人的,因为澳洲的差时。
Great to see so many new people. Tonight’s meet-up will be a first for me, and I’m looking forward to meeting others at LTL for the first time.

2 Likes

Daylight savings started today so I got the conversion wrong and I’m an hour early. I hope I’m still awake enough in an hour. I’ll do my flashcards on HackChinese and maybe read some more chapters of The Three Kingdoms on DuChinese…

2 Likes