Do you have time for pre-class and/or post-class exercise when studying with Flexi?

We hear some opinions about adding some pre-class exercises in our PDF. I think it’d be fun to have a survey about people’s popular opinions regarding this. How do you make use of the PDF before and/or after class? Does the study habit change according to the level and language you’re taking? :thinking:

• I prefer to learn the lesson only within the class time (and download the annotated PDF after class)
  • I do glance over the PDF before class
  • I usually read the PDF thoroughly before class
  • I would like to have more pre-class and homework exercises in the PDF
0 voters

Hello,

Personally, I have found that the times when I’ve got the most out of my live sessions is when I have previously reviewed the material at least twice. The first one is to get familiar with the topic and the second one, to prepare some sentences I know I will be asked to make with the new vocabulary. In comparison, when I have not done that, trying to came with sentences right in the class gets really difficult and sometimes slows downs the dynamic of the live session, which it gets a little bit embarrassing if there are more students joining the class. I followed this protocol through my whole HSK 2 course, and by the last sessions received a lot of props from my teachers of how much my Chinese has improved which I have also noticed, and obviously reinforces my learning experience and keeps me highly motivated.

best,
Carlos

2 Likes

Thank you for your sharing! How long does it take for you to review twice? Do you review it after class too?