Class without teacher

Hey everyone, I’m new here and I booked my first class for yesterday but the teacher didn’t end up being there (I tried reaching out to the support email but didn’t get a response).

How common is it for teachers to not show up? Would love to hear people’s experiences with the reliability of Flexi classes before continuing beyond the trial period.

And do you get your credit back if the teacher doesn’t come to class?

Hi @San It’s rarely that the teacher not show up. I have started flexi classes 3 years ago, and between those 3 years, I experiences maybe 2 or 3 times the teacher didn’t show up, because of power outbreak, or the teacher got smth to do urgently. And yes, they will give your credit back just email the support and they will reply you in 2 days.

2 Likes

I have had a class cancelled twice and both times I got an email approx. 1~2 hours before the class was supposed to start and my credit was returned

1 Like

Thank you @Fiona-Mandarin-HSK_5 and @Cecilia for answering for San.
Welcome San to our Flexi Forum. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and assure you that we take this matter very seriously. We will make sure that you get the credit you deserve for the class that the teacher missed. And that’s not all- we want to go the extra mile for you. As a gesture of goodwill, we are offering you an extra credit for one group class. How does that sound?

Once again, welcome to Flexi Forum, San! We can’t wait to see you in our classes!

Thanks for the input here @Fiona-Mandarin-HSK_5 and @Cecilia! Really appreciate your perspectives

1 Like

That would be great, thanks! @AmeNguyen I’ll message you for more details

1 Like

I am subscribed for about half a year now and I had teachers not showing up or canceling very late for around 5% of my classes. I think this is quite okay :slight_smile:

I’ve been using this site for a bit over 2 months now. I really think that the teachers are great. Although there were 3 teacher no-shows in these first two months, I got back my credit plus 1 extra credit each time that happened. So despite the 3 no-shows ( I was probably just unlucky having so many in a short time), I am still very pleased with the quality of the lessons, and would recommend this site.

We are glad to hear that you’ve found the teachers on our platform to be great and have had a positive learning experience. Although we are working hard to try to minimize teacher no-show rates, there are some circumstances that are unfortunately out of our control, such as power cuts, internet problems, weather problems, or computer problems. This can’t be eliminated completely in an online setting. We will be sure to refund credits within 24 hours after receiving reports from students.