Chinese Language Memes

I saw there’s no such topic on here, so thought of opening one, where we can share some funny memes and other photos of China/Chinese and such.
I’ll start off with this gem:

4 Likes

I love Friends and that Meme

3 Likes

Saving this one! That’s great!
Here’s another recent one I found:

6 Likes

I give you this one back

4 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

@Marine you have anything :leo_smiles:

1 Like

I don’t get that one :exploding_head:

i suppose it’s the top 10 villains :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh you mean at the bottom?

yes, i believe it was left intentionally as a punch line. but it took me 5 min of staring to come up with this explanation maybe I’m wrong :joy::joy:

I, like many here, probably, follow @mandarincompanion on IG and they post a lot of memes :))

2 Likes

I am also struggling with this one somehow. People writing 尚 instead of 上etc.?

I think I might be too old for Memes…

2 Likes

I guessed that Shang must be the name of this guy. And google quickly told me that he is a superhero, the master of Kungfu in Marvel comics and films.
In this article you can read about the poor struggle how to write or translate the hero’s name.
In English Shang-Chi
What is the Meaning of Shang-Chi’s Name in Marvel Comics? (dualshockers.com)

1 Like

Yes! The movie came out recently :slight_smile:

1 Like

Answer to both confusions:

1. 了 - Yes, the point was to leave the “Top Ten Anime Villains” there, as this is a title often appearing in WatchMojo videos on Youtube (“Top Ten XXX”). As everyone struggles with 了, it’s one of the top ten villains of the Chinese language.
  2. 尚 - Yes, 尚气 is the name of the Marvel superhero, whose movie came out recently (might not appear in China though, as his father in the comic books is Fu Manchu, which is a 60s/70s racist Asian stereotype). The point here is instead of 上 put 尚 and show his in various poses/actions.
    Similar to this non-Chinese related meme about Vladimir Putin:
5 Likes