Anyone up for a FREE Free Speaking class?

Our material team are experimenting with the new HSK 4+ Free Speaking template (you can have a peek below), and we want to test it out IRL. We will host a free trial class for this. Anyone who is from HSK 3+/4/5/6 level Mandarin can join. Time and date we would decide once we have a group of people interested.

Mandarin_HSK 4+ Free Speaking Fast Food Commercial 2023 11 8.pdf (772.0 KB)

Please note that the class will be recorded.

If interested please leave a message below with your name, current Mandarin Level on Flexi, which time zone you are in and when you would be available, at least within this week and the foreseeable week. Looking forward to this.

@Sandra-Mandarin-HSK_4 @Ben-Mandarin-HSK_5 @Charlene-Mandarin-HSK_4 @Feng2.Zhe2-HSK_4_plus @Ian-Mandarin_Simplified_HSK_4 @Jordan-Mandarin @Carl-Mandarin-HSK_4 Anyone curious for the new design of the Free Speaking class :eyes: ? We are trying things out, come take a look if you have the time :grin:

2 Likes

Hi Holly, I’m definitely interested to join in and try this class :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just did a free speaking one last night with Emma. It was awesome! Emma came prepared with more nuance to the topic of “technology.” Basically we talked as much as possible on it, keeping as much chinese going as possible and when I didn’t know a word we’d work through “broken chinese” and then I’d learn how to better say the sentence etc…

I think making sure the teacher comes with material prepared about the topic super helps. She chose to bring in a news article about Tesla robots. It helped propel the conversation forward.

Personally this is the type of class that really launches you out of the “plateau” that really happens in the HSK4 realm.

2 Likes

Would love to try this out! I’m in GMT+1 timezone and have time tomorrow between 10AM-3PM, Monday at 9PM, or Tuesday between 5PM-8PM :thinking:

1 Like

Hello @Holly-Le !

My level is HSK6 and I’m in PST (UTC-7).

I’m available 4-5 pm ( 8am-9am Beijing) or 8am-10am (midnight-2am Beijing) on weekdays only.

1 Like

Glad to hear you had a great class with Emma. And you’re right that Free Speaking is a good step to overcome the “plateau” stage in HSK 4, especially in terms of expressing ideas and concepts as best you can be naturally, that’s also what we had in mind when designing the lesson concept. In this new version of Free Speaking PDF, we are trying a new way to infuse more inputs like video, audio, pictures in the class while still maintaining the flexibility for teachers and students. Hope that the little trial can prove that this approach is good.

1 Like

Awesome! Loving this enthusiasm :smile: I will send a direct message to those who comment. Don’t stop the enthusiasm.

1 Like

Hello fellow learners, LTL :slight_smile:

I’m available CET Paris time. My level should be around HSK4+. I remember when the first free speaking classes were introduced some year ago and I’m really curious about how we evolved since.

1 Like

Excellent, the more the merrier. What’s your time zone and how’s your schedule this week?

Nice, I have a lot of free time this week.
I think we can go for any timeslot between 9AM to 9PM CET Paris time as long we anticipate it.

1 Like

Yes I am interested, can be HSK 4,5 or 6!
Nice greetings regina

1 Like

That’s wonderful, Regina. What’s your time zone and how’s your availability?

I write again: Please all Vienna time( Austria, Europe) monday 20.11. 2-5:00 pm, friday 24.11. 8am to 8 pm!if you need other days/ times- let me know, Regina🌺

Dear Jordan! I as well think- free speaking with Emma is awesome! If all the free speaking is like that- perfect👍

2 Likes

Hello folks, we have put up a new level just for the free Free Speaking class with limited slots. The new level is called “Free Speaking” in the Mandarin Simplified language. These classes of course are free credit. We will return 1 credit to students who took the class after (anyone who does not have available credits can mail our Student Support [email protected] for an extra credit for this class).

@Antoine-Mandarin-Intro @Ben-Mandarin-HSK_5 @Sandra-Mandarin-HSK_4 @Regina-Mandarin_HSK5 @Charlene-Mandarin-HSK_4 Hello and welcome to our Free Speaking classes. You can sign up for it on Flexi page now. The more the merrier, tell your friends too :wink:

1 Like

We received more enthusiasm than expected with this trial class. So we made some more topics. Every Free Speaking lesson in the Free Speaking level is a free trial for one time. So, you can take 2 classes and have 2 credits refunded, for example. Please contact our Support [email protected] for credit refund. Check it out if you are still curious about the experience. :wink:
LTL Flexi Classes - My Level

Super you did more topics! I have to say for me this free speaking lessons are the most important, because speaking and listening is extrem below my reading and writing level👍

1 Like

I’m glad this lesson can help you. Enjoy the classes :blush: :blush: :blush: