Any suggestion for Mandarin Drama/movie site with Pinyin on subtitle? Can be plugin for browser too

Hello, I started to learn Mandarin. To remember daily words, I want to watch Mandarin contents such as dramas or movies. I want to see Pinyin as well as subtitles in Chinese letters. (Ether traditional or simplified letters is okay for me.)

If you have any recomended site to watch Mandarin contents with Pinyin + Chinese letters, please let me know! Thank you.

2 Likes

I have been using Language Reactor for a couple years now, it is a Chrome extension that works for both Netflix and YouTube :+1:

We’ve made a video about it - Language Reactor // The Ultimate Guide to Using Language Reactor - YouTube

And two guides:
For Netflix - https://ltl-school.com/language-reactor-netflix/
For YouTube - https://ltl-school.com/language-learning-with-youtube/

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

I second Marine’s suggestion :smiley:

3 Likes

@Marine @Max Thank you for the advice! Actually, I have been using that extention too and it’s great!
But I mean I want to see Pinyin on Chinese letters. Is there any option with Language Reactor to show it? I cannot find it. Or any other suggestions for watching contents with Pinyin?

To be more clear, I’m looking for the way/site to watch contents which are spoken in Mandarin with Mandarin subtitles + Pinyin on it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The extension always have displayed the pinyin for me, so I’m sorry didn’t understand your message.

Here are a screenshots of my settings, you need to look for “Show transliterations”.
Let me know if this helps :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you Marine! I got it! I have been using this extension for the contents in non-Chinese languages so I didn’t see Pinyin there. I understood this extension can shows Pinyin when I watch Mandarin contents which is perfect for my need :)) Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

My pleasure :blush:

2 Likes

I started using Language Reactor after @Marine’s recommendation and reading the blogs, and I am very pleased with it. This is exactly what I needed. Thank you, @Marine !

2 Likes

Thank you for your message, I am happy to see you find the extension useful!
Language Reactor deserves more recognition, it is truly a very helpful tool

2 Likes