Newb question about lessons

How do I join the lesson when it’s time?

1 Like

Hi Paul, welcome.
This works quite simply. You go to “My Classes”.

So you can see, my next class will be in 4 days.
A few minutes before the class the button “prepare class” will change to “join class”. You click that and wait for the teacher to do the rest.
Have you clicked on “Prepare class”? It shows information.
Have you found the “Learning Materials”?
Have fun!

2 Likes

Thanks. How long are the flex lessons?

1 Like

60 min
Any more questions? Ask anything

1 Like

I’m learning Korean so of course I want to speak korean in the lesson but I can only get out a few basic things. Is the philosophy that I should just do my best and maybe look up a word online etc or on the other hand is it ok to switch to English when needed? And vice versa do the teachers stick to the target language?

Try your best to avoid English. But of course, it is your first lesson at LTL, so don’t expect too much from yourself, simply give it a try. Teachers will treat you nicely.
You can prepare your chosen lesson texts to feel better maybe.
Also, you could prepare how to introduce yourself with three short sentences. My name is…, I am English. I am a…(profession). Some sentences like: “I like…”. “I want…” Or maybe “This is my first LTL lesson”.
Anything that makes an easy sentence. (I am learning Mandarin, so, I don’t know what are basic sentences in Korean.)
Little adventure - go for it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok thanks for the info and tips. I was thinking of doing Mandarin too but I don’t just want to learn about languages but to speak it so one language at a time for sure.

2 Likes

Another question. Is it ok to record lessons?

1 Like

Oh,- ask the teacher if it is okay.
Once (in 10 months) I was asked by a teacher if it is okay. This teacher said he likes to record always his first lesson with a student. The app/ Zoom also told me that it was recorded, so no secret thing.

@Sonja-Mandarin-HSK_3 Thats some great advice.
@paul-Korean-A1_Beginner_TOPIK Please ask the teacher and other students if it’s ok to record the session before doing so. Then choose local recording (not cloud) so you can save the class in your laptop. Make sure you use it only for your personal review of the class and not forward or share it with other people.

Great to have you with us and thanks for asking all those great questions and @Sonja-Mandarin-HSK_3 for the great explanations